Arra, Up Close and Personal

Arra, Up Close and Personal

Aoki, Daddy, and Ming

Aoki, Daddy, and Ming
I'm not spoiled he make me works! Hard too!

Simmons Money!

Russell Simmons has been instrumental in bringing hip-hop to every facet of business and media since its inception in the late 1970s: in music with the co-founding of the immensely successful original Def Jam Recordings; in the fashion industry with the trail-blazing Phat Farm, BabyPhat, Run Athletics, and Def Jam University clothing lines; in film with Simmons Lathan Media Group; in television with HBO’s “The Def Comedy Jam” and “Russell Simmons Presents Def Poetry”; on Broadway with the Tony Award winning stage production “Russell Simmons Def Poetry Jam on Broadway”; in the financial services industry with UniRush and its RushCard and Baby Phat RushCard; in fine jewelry with The Simmons Jewelry Co; in video gaming, mobile communications and other industries utilizing the internationally recognized Def Jam brand through Def Jam Enterprises; and in the community with Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation and the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network. Russell is a sought-after public speaker and regularly addresses audiences ranging from public school children and university students to corporate executives and community leaders.

2010 Dis is Family Business, Mind Ya Business!

Yall, Sade's Soldier of Love, the first single from her new album also titled Soldier of love, I tried real hard not to like. Imma keep it real but I couldn't help it. Sade just blows my mind every single time she has dropped an album. And personally I don't think she gets enough recognition. How many albums can you drop in the CD player and just let it ride? Only people like Lauryn Hill, Sade, Erykah Badu, Mary J. Blige, Beyonce's Dangerously in Love yes, Bee I'm still rocking to your first solo album.

I'm riding in the car with my Mom just zoning cause the radio station in Charlotte V101.9,Preston Miles (radio personality), had a Sade, Soldier of Love, listening party. I had to share it with somebody cause you don't let people miss out on a good thing so I immediately sent out a Tweet alert: @Unclerush @revrunwisdom Ummm Sade's having a listening Party in Charlotte Tune in to V101.9 Right now! I CAN DIG it Sade! 4 Eighty!

My personal favorite is BabyFather... "Your Daddy knows (you're a flame), Your Daddy knows (you're a flame)... your Daddy loves comes with a lifetime guarantee". Preston I think you said track 3, Morning Bird, was your favorite I feel you homey but Babyfather just speaks to me. I remember a few years back I would go and sit out in my car and listen to music (Sade, Beyonce, Mary, Lauryn Hill, Musiq Soulchild, John Legend and others like them) while meditating on my day, the past week and days to come. One night my aunt comes outside, with her nosey ass. She was observing because I don't like too much conversation when I'm in my zone, my aunt says "I think that music blows your mind!" I turned to her and said "is it that obvious?" Yo, she still didn't get it. I bet she understands now! Hey I challenge you to see for yourself. Let Sade blow your mind check out all of her music by clicking here (Sade)! Or let Arra Simmons blow your mind with my personal Sade mix Sade 1984-2010! The choice is yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment