Arra, Up Close and Personal

Arra, Up Close and Personal

Aoki, Daddy, and Ming

Aoki, Daddy, and Ming
I'm not spoiled he make me works! Hard too!

Simmons Money!

Russell Simmons has been instrumental in bringing hip-hop to every facet of business and media since its inception in the late 1970s: in music with the co-founding of the immensely successful original Def Jam Recordings; in the fashion industry with the trail-blazing Phat Farm, BabyPhat, Run Athletics, and Def Jam University clothing lines; in film with Simmons Lathan Media Group; in television with HBO’s “The Def Comedy Jam” and “Russell Simmons Presents Def Poetry”; on Broadway with the Tony Award winning stage production “Russell Simmons Def Poetry Jam on Broadway”; in the financial services industry with UniRush and its RushCard and Baby Phat RushCard; in fine jewelry with The Simmons Jewelry Co; in video gaming, mobile communications and other industries utilizing the internationally recognized Def Jam brand through Def Jam Enterprises; and in the community with Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation and the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network. Russell is a sought-after public speaker and regularly addresses audiences ranging from public school children and university students to corporate executives and community leaders.

2010 Dis is Family Business, Mind Ya Business!

To the Bank Behind the RushCard!

I am a rush card holder and I have some concerns regarding the "monthly fees" and other charges versus what the RushCard's and the Simmons' Brand represents.I need to be made clear on why, when, who and hows of these fees and charges. You say no bank account required but there is charge for every thing.

Now say I was a person who had a bank account with a debit card that wasn't charging me to use it's ATM's, not charging me for online bill pay and I could transfer money from my saving to my checking for free, why would I choose a RushCard? I have been promoting the rushcard and the response I get from people are insulting. One person said to my son "why are you promoting this card don't you know it's for people with poor credit".

Please tell me again if I was a person with poor credit who had problems paying bills why choose a rushcard that's charging me monthly just to have it in my possession. Then if I wanted to withdraw money from an ATM I am charged, I am also charged for my PIN. Can you please tell me how the RushCard is designed to assist those types of people with budgeting etc? When there's just as many charges with the Rushcard as the are in the Banks. You have Russell Simmons on Television using his name and saying all of the good things the RushCard has to offer for those seeking a "path to financial freedom" then when people get online and apply they are "turned off" by the fees. Can you please tell me how do you plan on competing with banks that offer second chance accounts for people who lack fiscal responsibility?

This is an exert from a blog written by Russell Simmons: The Banks are Bullying the Poor & I'm Not having it "What's clear to me now is that banks are still increasing the cost to the powerless (poor) while they offer everyone else money to open accounts. I'm watching banks hold back features that they and I both know will help people save money and improve their lives. They trick customers into doing things that are not good for them through lack of transparency, and surprise them with new fees when they can least afford it. I'm learning an important lesson about ethics or lack of ethics in this industry. In fact, I'm fighting with a bank right now that doesn't know what kind of ass whipping they are going to get when I expose them for the abusive practices and exuberant fees they are charging the poor. What they are doing is trying to double their already outrageously high fees in exchange for providing absolutely nothing to my customers. All I want to do is to get the poor a better deal with more reasonable fees with better services. This bank is intentionally trying to destroy this industry, which is building a platform for under-served communities. And for this they should be ashamed of themselves."

--
Never give up keep your head in the clouds its a cool place to be....
Sincerely,

Ms. Cristina Arra Simmons
Writer -Global Grind.com
http://globalgrind.com/user/budncris09/
http://cristinaarrasimmons.blogspot.com/
http://budncris09.wordpress.com/
Office: 704-280-1912

No comments:

Post a Comment