Arra, Up Close and Personal

Arra, Up Close and Personal

Aoki, Daddy, and Ming

Aoki, Daddy, and Ming
I'm not spoiled he make me works! Hard too!

Simmons Money!

Russell Simmons has been instrumental in bringing hip-hop to every facet of business and media since its inception in the late 1970s: in music with the co-founding of the immensely successful original Def Jam Recordings; in the fashion industry with the trail-blazing Phat Farm, BabyPhat, Run Athletics, and Def Jam University clothing lines; in film with Simmons Lathan Media Group; in television with HBO’s “The Def Comedy Jam” and “Russell Simmons Presents Def Poetry”; on Broadway with the Tony Award winning stage production “Russell Simmons Def Poetry Jam on Broadway”; in the financial services industry with UniRush and its RushCard and Baby Phat RushCard; in fine jewelry with The Simmons Jewelry Co; in video gaming, mobile communications and other industries utilizing the internationally recognized Def Jam brand through Def Jam Enterprises; and in the community with Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation and the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network. Russell is a sought-after public speaker and regularly addresses audiences ranging from public school children and university students to corporate executives and community leaders.

2010 Dis is Family Business, Mind Ya Business!

Banned in the USA....

In response to the reaction of my album cover... "I'm deeply sorry if I haven't offended everybody" Kanye West via Twitter.
After reading so much on Twitter and globalGrind.com about @KanyeWest's album cover being banned. I decided to judge for myself and see what was so bad and disgusting about this "work of art" I consider an mere expression of the truth. I also went on facebook and wanted to get some of opinions from both my followers and Kanye Choco-West's facebook fans. These are the responses I received so far.

    • Janice R Draughn If it is accessable to children, then I find it distasteful...
      ~Jdraughn
    • Arra Da Flygurl Simmons Hmmm. Anything else?
    • Janice R Draughn I try to stay as posiitve as possible with my opinions.. My mom always told me.. if you have nothing good to say then say nothing.. That being said my mouth is now closed!!(smile)
      ~Jdraughn
    • Shamicka Quilya Valentine I thinkthis pic means so much more then just distasteful but what is this a representation of this cover. @ Arra because if I had to give my hypothesis it would't be nice.
    • Arra Da Flygurl Simmons Well I agree with you as far as exposing this to children. And when I say that I mean immature minded individuals. Because nothing on this picture isn't something children aren't exposed to daily. Men walk around with their chest exposed all the time and many women expose their breast to their children and babies for feeding. If allowed the mind will play tricks on you and make you think you see a black demon and a white angel engaging in sexual activities but I don't see it that way at all.
    • Shamicka Quilya Valentine I don't think that's what it means but what I am saying if it's just art what does it mean because that's how people will view it and they are the ones who by the music. So what do you think it's saying @Arra
    • Janice R Draughn ‎@ Arra.. of course kids see body parts, however the act of the body parts together should not be exposed to children. The actual act of what I perceive is beyond open publicity, if you will...
      ~Jdraughn
    • Arra Da Flygurl Simmons The opposite of what the majority would think. I think it represents truth. And again I can only speak from experience. See the goal is to program the mind into believing the black man is bad, a criminal, an animal, a beast who has evolved from Apes. And that's not the truth.
    • Arra Da Flygurl Simmons ‎@Janice what are they doing? She has wings yet she looks evil like she is wearing a disgust wants to attack her prey (the black man) and judging by the direction in which their faces are turned, somebody has interrupted her plan.
    • Janice R Draughn
      That's whats so beautiful about the power of God. We all can look at the same picture and see it differently.. (Perception) which is also a great learning tool.. This is interesting however I have a meeting.. will be back in 1hr..(smile)
      ~Jd...raughn
    • Janice R Draughn ‎@ Arra Yes I can see that, however a child would not be that perceptive.... They will see an exposed body on top of each other...
      do u agree with that.. u gonna make me late..(smile) I shall return.~Jdraughn
    • Arra Da Flygurl Simmons Perception is learned behavior. This is why we can't tell our children they only use ten percent of their brains.

2 comments:

  1. I have only one comment to make...just an opinion. Is the cover artistic - yes. Is the cover truthful in its philosophical analogy - yes. Having said that without a proper analytical mind do you think the real message of this image reaches the targeted market that generally listens to the music? I feel it is a bit unlikely...unless the person is a profound in depth thinker and not just a woman-drinking-smoke life away type of person this perception is likely to be the last thing that comes to the individual's mind...(not that someone with those characteristics would find it impossible to observe this but such is very unlikely) -- it does not facilitate to the narrow minded but only to the in depth thinker... - I'm just being frank and open minded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know i said only one comment but before I am misinterpreted from before...
    I am not saying that the target market is 'woman-drinking-smoke life away' type of person or that people who listen to this music fall into this category. However what I am saying is if you're imagery, music or whatever is not easily translated into the form that you want to create a positive message then it is not effective.

    ReplyDelete